All Island Schools English Literary Association
All Island Schools English Literary Association (AISELA) – is a project launched by English Literature Sri Lanka (ELSL) to unite school based English Literary Associations in Sri Lanka.
AISELA functions to achieve the following objectives;
- Encouragement and promotion of a close relationship between schools in relation to the subject of English
- Equalization of the standards of English as a subject.
- Organization of zonal/district/provincial/all-island competitions related to the subject of English.
- Recognition and validation of those with skills related to the subjects of English, English Literature, and English Drama
- Application of innovative learning to reshape contemporary aspects of Language, Literature, and Drama in relation to the subject of English.
- Reduction of nescience related to the subjects of English, English Literature, and English Drama in schools.
- Application of educational projects of ELSL in schools to promote standards of English as a subject.
- pursuit of any other objectives consistent with the above aims and objectives of ELSL and AISELA